I received an email on Saturday accusing me of half-assing Friday’s blog, that it was weak and rushed.
You got me.
I am more than willing to fess up to that.
Friday was an unfinished blog that I just kind of threw up there at the last minute.
But let me explain why.
Here is the sheep-snarl that was my Friday.
1. Starting Thrusday night, my cell phone, (MY NEW ONE!!!) went down. I could access the internet and text, but not send or receive calls.
2. I went to an early morning jiu jitsu class at the gym. This is not a bad thing, but it made time really tight.
3. Tech support took a total of 2 hours. While not located in India, my two tech support agents were women, (No judgement here) and there names, no lie, were Tanqual and Shinesse. (Little racist judgement here)
4. After 2 hour, when nothing worked, I was told that the problem was obviously the phone at fault.
5. 15 minutes after hanging up, I got a phone call. The phone has been fine since.
So, it was after all of this frantic, frustrating nonsense, that I had to more or less run from my car down the hill to work, with no time to stop at Starbucks and finish todays blog.
After I got to work, I took what I had so far, slapped a quick ending on it and posted.
It is an odd thing that it is almost harder to put out a blog that is now 2 days a week than it was when I wrote 5 days a week.
I have contemplated going back to 5 days a week and then I get dizzy and the contemplative moment moves on.
For those that have never written something on a regular basis, its a bitch.
And not one of those “Hot at first” bitches like you meet at a club, but one of those “20 years in a bad marriage” type bitches that suck the life out of you.
And don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against bitches.
I think of the word with almost a fondness.
There is a strain of bitches that competent woman are a part of.
And, as I have said before, I absolutely adore competent women.
The only thing that sucks is when their fire is directed at you.
Then it sucks.
Can’t have it all.
I have observed that the people I know who have those “Never a cross word” relationships also involve two people that have really bland personalities.
You want the passion and the excitement of a strong woman? Deal with the wrath on occasion.
But a strong woman is not to be confused with a crazy one.
That is a bitch of a different type.
And when that genie gets out of the bottle, GOOD LUCK getting her back in.
And you don’t get any wishes with this genie.
Unless of course one of your wishes is to be attacked with a 9 iron in your sleep.
(Actually happened to a friend of mine. True story.)