The negativity at times is overwhelming.
Comment from a friend.
Typically, I blow that kind of shit off, but this is one of those friends that I have known for so damned long that I have a solid baseline that tells me they are not an ignorant troll.
And they’re right.
I do go negative and cynical immediately, its part of my process of analysis.
How do you change that?
I was talking to a friend once who had gone thru a shitty divorce.
Me too, haven’t we all?
And I made the comment that one of the shitty things about relationships, good or bad, is that you take baggage with you after.
And they made a cutesy comment.
“What if you just left those bags at the curb?”
That is just so fucking cute, I may shit myself.
Its also naive.
I will stop there, mainly because I could drain half the negative words out of a thesaurus for the next 500 words and not accomplish anything more than piss off a friend.
Baggage is who we are.
So be it.
If we didn’t carry a little bit of every experience we have ever had with us, we would never change or become individuals.
Without change, we are fucked.
That being said, I am tired of being a snarky piece of shit.
For today at least.
So, here are 3 things that I find positive.
1. Writing. I have been writing since I was little. For the last 5 years, I have been writing like a man possessed. 3 fiction novels, 400 blog posts, and now part of the writing team for a weekly comedy show in Hollywood. My hope is to make some sort of a living writing.
2. Faith. I was raised Catholic and found myself struggling with that in my 20’s. I find myself having come to a peace and understanding with my personal faith now. And, no, its none of your business.
3. Comfort. I spent a long time striving to avoid uncomfortable situations. It was not the best thing. It was the safe thing. Done with that. I am hanging my ass out there a hell of a lot more now and I am learning to be ok with that.
And, in an effort to present a fair and unbiased view, here are 3 things I find negative.
1. Morons. I just this morning had a conversation about someone that I have always maintain is an idiot. Others have defended this person, but I am increasingly convinced they are like a monkey, clever enough to peel the banana and do little tricks, but certainly not intelligent.
2. Politics. You might think this is still talking about Morons. Its like that old adage, all Cretans are liars, but not all liars are from Crete. However, some are in the White house as we speak.
3. Crusades. One of the most negative things you run into these days is the Crusader. The Crusader is on a mission to save something. Dogs, the environment, dolphins, baseball…etc. The worst part about the Crusader is that they have no other presentation for their ideas other than to talk down. They don’t ask you your opinion, they simply accuse you of being wrong. Its annoying, rude and really unpleasant.
Now that thats out of the way, let me sum up this little semi rant with this.
There is a lot of good in the world, enjoy yourselves, try not to hurt each other, and for God’s sake, try to focus on something positive instead of wallowing in a “I’ve gotta save something” martyr cocoon.
That’s it, have a great day.