It goes without saying that ADD can be confusing.
Not just for the person suffering from it, but for everyone dealing with that person.
And since I have posted blogs with over a half dozen subjects in just one post, we’re talking about the fact that I have never responded to Ritalin.
That is why I spend the amount of time in Starbucks that I do, self medicating my ADD with caffeine.
Brings a lot of things into focus, doesn’t it?
I sat down for a five minute period this morning and pondered blog subjects.
I ended up with a pretty odd scattering of topics.
And here is what I came up with:
- Joe Biden is senile. I am not making a political point here, I am making an observation based on the crap that crazy old man spouts on a daily basis. The only thing missing is that elderly head shake, but I am sure that is just around the corner. Any day now. The one thing I want to see is him relieved of office before the headlines read “Vice President has fallen, and he can’t get up.” Clap on, clap off, the Clapper.
- There is a commercial for the special Olympics that has a guy shooting a compound bow with his feet. Now that is a an accomplishment. I once tried to brush my teeth with my foot, mainly because I saw a woman on TV do it, and I could not hold the brush with my toes. All I ended up with was losing a half hour of time, got toothpaste on my shirt and a cramp in my foot.
- Does it really matter if a homeless guy says please? There is a new homeless guy hanging around the Starbucks these days. He will ask for change and if the passers by don’t respond, he leans forward, and throws out a “Please?!?!” in kind of a high pitched, plaintive wail. In my opinion, it is not going to get him anything other than chased away when he freaks out some well monied old resident with some pull at the Manhattan PD. I have been known to take the homeless for bagels and coffee, but I don’t do annoying, I just don’t have the tolerance for it.
- I read a thing on Facebook today about a guy who was busted for interfering with a DUI arrest. I clicked on the offered link and was taken to a website presentation that actually had video. It was grainy and poor quality, but you could make it out. When the video came to the part where the officer claimed the guy spit in his face and he wiped it, they slowed it down. The guys arm was in the way of seeing his mouth, and the officer was turned half away. Bottom line the guy could have spit and the officer could have wiped. And yet, the comments were interesting. The comments from people who stated that ALL policemen lie, are taught to lie and do it as part of their job, they all admitted that they had criminal records. I have a relative that is a Drug and alcohol counselor. It is a commonly held belief that the police lie and plant drugs on people every day. And they all disagree and call the counselor a liar when the statement is made that they have never even been ticketed in their life. I think if you put yourself in that kind of life style, you form the opinion that allows you to think of yourself as a good person. YOU aren’t breaking the law, the cops are the bad guys. Whatever gets you thru the night. There are some cops out there that do bad stuff, and there is also people out there that break the law and lie thru their teeth.
- If they remade the musical Oliver today, the artful dodger would be an underaged male prostitute. And he wouldn’t be English, although, a lot of underaged male prostitutes are. I once saw a version of Oliver that had the dodger played by the same annoying kid from HR Puffinstuff. I have hated both that show and that actor for decades.
- What exactly do sand crabs do besides tunnel up and tunnel back down thru the sand as the water rushes in and out? It seems like a pretty useless example of life. At no point in their short lives do they cocoon up and turn into something else. Its pretty much the same activity from birth till death with no let up. Even coal miners get the weekend off.
Do you see what I mean about scattered?